Day 10 Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/bjg222/MDRS2010Day10
Today turned out to be a relatively slow day, which I'm sure everybody appreciated, especially after doing four EVA's yesterday. At least I did. We got up this morning, and everybody had their own breakfast. Some people had scrambled eggs made from the powdered egg whites that we have. I avoided trying it, something just didn't seem right about it! Jillian and I were going to do another mapping and radio range EVA, but we decided to put it off because I had a few other things I wanted to get done. I spent the bulk of the day studying my AI textbook for quals, and I'm almost completely through AI! It's a shame there's two other subjects I also need to know! I'm not actually worried, though, as I feel fairly comfortable in all three at this point. Jillian also spent the day doing homework and studying for a history exam, and Dan spent the morning doing some work for his wind turbine. Jessica was in a baking mood, and so decided to make some cookies, too! Today was actually a nice day outside, as it hit 70 for the first time since we got here and was nice a sunny, so in the afternoon, we all decided to sit outside in the "pressurized tunnels" and do our respective reading or studying. Jillian, of course, was happy because she could finally get a sun tan. After we came inside, Dan headed up to the wind turbine to do some tests to check out its ability to charge a battery and to keep the battery charged under a load. Overall, he was sitting up on the hill for about an hour and a half. Dinner yesterday, since it was a non-cooking day, was instant soup, Creamy Wild Rice to be specific. We watched the final three episodes of Firefly (There were only ever 14 episodes made. It aired back in 2002, and was canceled after less than a season! I'm not sure why it was canceled, seem like a pretty good show to me!), then, after some late night internet surfing (the bandwidth restrictions are lifted between midnight and 5 am), it was off to bed.
Day 12
16 years ago